Age Related Macular Degeneration Treatment in Delhi
Much like sagging skin and graying hair, our eyes and vision too are affected by age. It is therefore, important to read the signs of ageing eyes. Among many such eye conditions which increase the risk for blindness, especially with advancing age is age-related macular degeneration (ARMD).
- Blurring of central vision despite use of glasses.
- Need for brighter light while reading.
- Colors appear less bright.
- Visual distortion. For instance, straight lines appear wavy or crooked.
How ARMD Affects Vision
As we age, Macula, a part of the retina that gives detailed vision, affects central vision.
- Limits an individual’s ability to read, drive, write and recognise faces.
- Depending on the type and severity of ARMD, visual loss may take a few months to many years.
- ARMD usually affects both eyes. It can cause total blindness.
- Wet form of ARMD is severe but it can be treated if diagnosed in time.
Cataract Surgery and ARMD
There’s been some concern among patients that cataract surgery may raise the risk of progression of ARMD, especially due to increased light exposure. However, ARMD patients are recommended to discuss their case with an ophthalmologist before opting for cataract surgery.
Age Related Macular Degeneration Diagnosis And Treatment
At Hitech eye centre diagnosis of ARMD is conducted through the series of latest and advanced tests. We provide the best and cost effective treatments for age related macular degeneration in Delhi-NCR. In many cases the risk of progression of visual loss caused due to Dry ARMD can be decreased by giving high dose of multivitamins. But for Wet form of ARMD, there are a few treatment options available, like intravitreal injections, lasers. However, in both types of ARMD, the best outcomes occur if the disease is diagnosed before much damage is caused to eyes.
In patients with severe visual loss LOW VISUAL AIDS can be prescribed for improving the quality of vision enabling him/her to carry on their daily routine.