Entropion Lower Eyelid Reconstruction
Sagging and inward turning of the lower eyelid and eyelashes is termed as Entropion. This often gives you trouble due to excessive irritation as eyelid and eyelashes start rubbing against the front of the eye, i.e., cornea. This aggressive rubbing of eye can further lead to excessive tearing, crusting of the eyelid, mucous discharge, irritation of the eye, chronic redness and corneal damage.
- Age Related: Most cases of Enteopion are due to relaxation of the tissues of the eyelid as a result of aging.
- Some cases result from scarring of the conjunctiva caused by chemical and thermal burns, trauma, conjunctival cancers, or previous eyelid surgery.
- Rarely Entropion can be present at birth if the eyelids do not form properly.
Although, it is advisable to consult a doctor or an ophthalmologist before coming to any conclusion, however, certain symptoms can help you identify Entropion.
- Turning in of the eyelids
- Irritation and pain in the eye
- Redness of the eye
- Excessive tearing
- Extreme sensitivity to light and wind
Hitech eye centre in Delhi, India provides the best Eye Care Services to its patients. Not only does the eye hospital grants you extensive treatment options for Entropion Lower Eyelid Reconstruction/Surgery but it also gives access to the world class diagnostics and test centre which can help determine immediately if you have Entropion or not.
The best way to treat Entropion is through surgery wherein the eyelid is restored to its original position. This surgery also improves the vision and provides protection to the eye against further diseases.
In certain cases, the eyelid is taped to the cheek to provide space for natural healing in case of a mild injury or infection. After your eyelids heal, your eye will feel comfortable and you will no longer have the risk of corneal scarring, infection, and loss of vision.
Get rid of the inwardly turned lower eyelid by contacting one of our Entropion Specialists at Hitech eye centre near you.